Make the comeback
THE SELF CENTRE IS OPEN
THE SELF CENTRE WILL BE OPEN FOR THERAPIES 09:00-17:00
ON TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS
CLASSES HAVE RESTARTED AT THE SELF CENTRE
WATCH THE COMEBACK VIDEO
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR VISIT
Help us, help you, stay safe!
We are required by law to ensure that all users are registered for use at our centres. This will allow for tracking and tracing to be completed if our centres are exposed to an enhanced risk of Covid-19.
YOU MUST PRE-BOOK YOUR VISIT – PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP!
IF YOU HAVE USED OUR ONLINE BOOKING BEFORE THROUGH WITHER OUR WEBSITE OR THE MINDBODY APP THEN YOU’RE ALL SET AND READY TO GO BUT IF YOU’VE NEVER BOOKED ANYTHING ONLINE WITH US – YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER AND/OR LINK YOUR MEMBERSHIP – USE THE BUTTON BELOW TO DO THIS.
- All memberships remain on freeze until further notice
- You don’t need to do anything yet.
- We will communicate with members in advance of restarting any memberships so look out for your email.
- Members and pay-as-you-go users will be required to book in advance of arrival at centres.
- This can be done via our website or the Mindbody app
- Bring a full water bottle plus your own mat and equipment.
- Admission will only be authorised if a pre-booking has been made.
- You will need to follow the social distancing rules at all times throughout your visit.
The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority so we’ve introduced the following measures to help keep everyone safe.
- We’ve introduced new controls to ensure that customers and staff are safe, but we cannot do this without your support.
- We will re-open our centre with new social distancing controls and cleaning regimes in place.
- Classes will have new social distancing controls such as reduced capacity and new cleaning regimes and where possible we will move our classes into outdoor areas to give you plenty of space and fresh air.
- All classes must be pre-booked online, unfortunately, you cannot just turn up! More on this later.
- Our Centres are now cashless and contactless.
- Changing rooms will be closed but access to toilets and lockers will be available.
- We have reduced building opening hours to allow for deep cleaning to be completed throughout the day and at the end of each day.
- The cafe remains closed until further notice.
- We have upgraded our cleaning standards in line with the Covid-19 Safety Standards, sourced chemicals that kill Covid-19, and purchased additional materials and equipment and processes in line with the Covid-19 Safety Standards.
- We have a robust workforce strategy in place to keep our staff safe and well at all times. We will close for an hour each day to switch shifts in a safe and controlled manner. We have appointed a Covid-19 Officer to ensure that all new safety measures are followed.
- We are requesting that you only bring essential items with you.
ENHANCED CLEANING STANDARDS (COVID-19) STANDARD
The safety of our community has always been our top priority, and we’re even more focused on it now. We’ve made changes to how we operate and all are designed to keep our customers and staff safe.
Here are all the changes you can expect:
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to all centre and throughout the centre for your use.
- More frequent cleaning – Staff will use a disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all high touch surfaces.
- Please clean your own equipment before and after use in the gym and studio areas.
- The studio floors will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. Disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- Say hello to the team as you see them disinfecting doorknobs, handles, rails, light switches, sanitizing stations, lockers, sinks, toilets, benches, locker keys, counters, keyboards, computers, phones, and instructor equipment throughout the day.
- Specialist Equipment – After every group cycling class, every bike in the studio will be thoroughly cleaned.
- After every group exercise class, all of the equipment used will be cleaned.
- Stay alert – If you see something that you are not entirely satisfied with or have a concern around cleaning standards, please let us know. We are all trying to get used to the new normal.
We’ve worked hard on how you can have the same great experience in our centres while maintaining social distancing, however, this will only work if we work together. Please remember this should be observed for both customers and staff.
Entrance to the Building, Reception and Waiting Areas
- Floor markers will indicate a safe distance for waiting. This will start as you arrive at our centres, moving into our reception and onto the studio waiting area, when queueing may be required for your session.
- Please avoid waiting for a class in these high-traffic areas for any more than 5 minutes before you need to be in the centre.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations positioned throughout the centres during your visit
- Our receptions will have perspex screens, some staff may be wearing non-medical PPE masks provided for their peace of mind.
- We will only accept contactless payments for food, drink and shop stock as all other bookings MUST be made online.
- Where possible we will move our classes to a sports hall or outside the facility.
- Pop-up banners will direct you to waiting areas before your class starts. Please do not arrive any more than 5 minutes before your class is due to start. Please remember to swipe in on arrival.
- Studios and sports halls will have floor markers that will indicate where you should stand for your session. Class sizes will be reduced to allow 3-metres squared per user.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser stations before entering and leaving the studio.
- Help us, help you by cleaning your equipment before and after use. The floors will also be cleaned between sessions.
- If you have your own mat or equipment you are encouraged to bring this with you for your own personal use.
Corridors and Walkways
Follow the floor markers placed around the walkways to maintain a safe distance, where possible centres will be operating a one-way system to allow you to leave without crossing the path of other users. This will not be possible in all centres. Please follow the signage displayed.
- Toilets will display signage in relation to occupancy, please take additional personal care by washing your hands before and after your visit for a minimum of 20 seconds, as recommended by the government.
- Under current guidance changing rooms and showers will be closed, please help us, help you and do not use these facilities even if the toilets are located in these areas.
- Cleaning will be completed every 30 minutes in these areas
We have put a lot of changes in place, with details beyond what you see here.
The way our new safety protocols will be most effective is if we all make sure to do our part in it.
- If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the centre and follow government advice
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the centre and follow government advice.
- If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming to the centre, please stay home and stay safe
- We love our members and users and ask that you help us to help you during this time.
- Be respectful of the 2-metre social distancing rule for both other customers and staff.
- Only bring essential items with you to the centre & avoid large sports bags.
- Please remember to bring a £1 coin for your locker, regular cleaning will take place of all lockers.
- Bring a full water bottle to stay well hydrated. Regular cleaning will take place of water fountains.
- Do not use equipment that is marked for cleaning you are putting both yourself and others at risk.
- Be kind to each other and our staff, we are all doing our best to ensure that we all staff safe while enjoying the amazing benefits of being physically active.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH MY MEMBERSHIP
All memberships remain on freeze until further notice.
You don’t need to do anything yet.
We will communicate with members in advance of restarting any memberships so look out for your email.
Not all services are likely to re-open at the same time.
How will I find out when you are reopening?
The safety of our customers and staff remains our first priority, so we are currently working with local authorities and national governing bodies to prepare our facilities. We will communicate with members via email and information will also be available on our website and our social media channels.
What classes can I do?
Some classes are running and we will be adding to these as and when it’s safe to do so. All classes must be booked in advance.
Book here for a class
IS A GYM ‘DIRTIER’ THAN A SHOP?
Our Gyms have very high standards when it comes to cleanliness/hygiene and, as they did prior to closing, they will be putting extra measures in place to make sure that both the staff and customers are safe.
CAN COVID-19 BE TRANSMITTED IN AREAS WITH HOT AND HUMID CLIMATES?
There is no evidence that COVID-19 is any more transmittable in a hot, humid climate than any other climate. The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by maintaining social distancing and frequent hand washing, and the use of anti-viral/bacterial hand gels. By doing this you eliminate viruses that may be on your hands and avoid infection that could occur by then touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
DOES PHYSICAL ACTIVITY (EXERCISE) INCREASE RESILIENCE TO COVID-19, AND
CAN YOU PASS COVID-19 FROM SWEAT?
No, there is no current evidence that the virus can be spread by perspiration (sweat). • This is supported for non-respiratory fluids by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), however, limited data is available on sweat/perspiration.
MAKE THE COMEBACK ENQUIRY FORM
If you can’t find the answer to your query in the FAQ’s above, you can use this contact form and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can, but please bear with us as not all staff are back to work yet.