indian head massage - Charmaine Clarke
Indian Head massage is a treatment that involves massage to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, face and scalp, with the client remaining seated in an upright position.Tensions are eased and fibrous knots and modules melt away. The efficiency of the circulatory and lymphatic systems improves, toxins are dispersed from tense muscles and flexibility and fluidity of movement is restored.
• General and specific relaxation for muscles, providing immediate relief
• Disperses toxins from tense, knotted muscles
• Relief from acute and chronic neck and shoulder stiffness
• Loosens the scalp
• Relaxes the whole body
• Improves blood circulation in previously congested muscles
• Stimulates and improves the circulation of the lymphatic system, allowing for the disposal of toxins from the body
• Restores joint mobility
• Provides relief from disorders such as: aching jaws from clenching and grinding teeth, sinusitis and congestion, tension headaches, migraines and insomnia
• Provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
• Relaxes anxiety and stress
• Increases levels of alertness and concentration
• Eases mental tiredness
What happens during a treatment?
• An Indian Head Massage generally starts with the client sitting in a comfortable chair for the duration of the massage, ideally a vest top should be worn
• Treatment begins with a shoulder and neck massage routine in order to relax the Trapezius muscle of the neck and shoulder, where knots, stiffness and tension are often store (work can continue on this area before or after treatment of the scalp and face with a roller ball being used should there be a great deal of tension or stiffness that needs to be addressed)
• The head is then worked with the scalp being squeezed, rubbed, gently tapped and prodded, the hair is briskly tussled and combed
• Acupressure points are gently worked on in order to help relieve any sinus pressure, stimulate the circulation and increase awareness, and the ears are tugged and pressed.
• As the massage proceeds the client will start to feel relaxed and breathing will become deeper, it can help to relieve suppressed emotions and negative energy, making room for more positive feelings. This simple massage has a powerful energy and is of real benefit to the receiver
Cost of treatment: £25.00
Please contact Charmaine direct on 07595 044792.
or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org