Improving community wellbeing
Tucked away on the outskirts of Bury St. Edmunds, we offer a wide range of complimentary therapies and classes in Yoga, Pilates, Qi Gong, Tai Chi and Mindfulness Meditation. With three, purpose built studios, ten therapy rooms, and a café we are one of the town’s best kept secrets.
There is research to suggest that much of today’s dis-ease and illness is a direct result of our frantic modern way of life. The self centre provides a wide choice of stress relieving and health promoting activities and therapies to help individuals take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing – a place of sanctuary.
So what do we do?
Our philosophy is simple – no matter how you feel when you arrive, we want you to leave feeling better; equipped with the knowledge and tools to stay better. In a world that runs at an increasingly fast pace, we all need some time to step out of the chaos and focus on ourselves, make connections, be part of a community. Whether you are looking for something to nourish the heart, body or soul, we have something to offer you.
The self centre is a welcoming retreat where you can, relax, unwind and discover more about yourself. We provide an environment to learn and practice yoga, Pilates, meditation, tai chi and qi gong, experience health-promoting and stress relieving complementary therapies and to enjoy a café specialising in homemade, healthy food.
Where do you start?
Friendly staff members are here to point you in the right direction, give advice and show you around. There is plenty of information on the website and our contact details are listed below. Drop in, send us an email or give us a call with any questions and we will get in touch as quickly as we can.
Our teachers and therapists are all fully qualified and insured. There should be short biography on each of them, explaining their treatments and teaching styles, either on our website or our on Facebook page - under albums. Most are happy to have an informal chat to ensure they offer the right class or treatment for you.
What does the self centre do with its profits?
- All the profits made by the self centre are reinvested back into the business to:
- Allow a greater range of affordable services to be provided.
- Help fund low cost out-reach programs for health and wellbeing education.
- Minimise our impact on the environment through the use and promotion of eco-responsible and fair trade products.
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for our staff and centre users.
- Maintain a sustainable and self supporting business for the long term. It has been established to make a difference to people's lives. the self centre and its out-reach programmes in schools, clubs and companies are a way of helping individuals of all ages and abilities to just be themselves in an environment of acceptance, inclusion and non-judgement.
the self centre is owned by Abbeycroft Leisure